Linthicum Hall was named after the Honorable J. Charles Linthicum, a member of the State House of Representatives from 1911-1932 and a 1886 graduate of the Maryland State Normal School. The building sits between the Power Plant and Psychology Building, facing the Towson Way walkway. It served at the University's College of Liberal Arts until the construction of the current CLA building in 2009.
In 1969 and 1972 it was the site of major campus protests and sit-ins against the Vietnam War.
It is now the Health Professions building, housing majors including nursing, occupational therapy and occupational science, and health sciences.
Read More: about protests at Linthicum Hall.
written by Allison Fischbach, research and archives associate, Spring 2022.